In recent times what has become known as "the case of Medellín " has generated a growing interest in the international community. These urban transformation that Medellín has experimented have become a focus of attention and reference for experts in many fields, around the world. The book ´Medellin: Environment, Urbanism and Society´, that now published the Center for Urban and Environmental Studies, Urbam, of EAFIT University is a testimony of the value given by our culture to the accomplishments of the city, to the idea of the public sphere and the growing relationship between the technical sphere and the political sphere, understood in the broad sense as a form of disciplinary knowledge and construction of civil society.
This book brings together a knowledge of the city from multiple perspectives; knowledge that is, without any doubt, impressive for its extension and profoundity, as well as for its capacity to combine objective data with conceptual reflections about the scope and impact of the different perspectives concerning the theme of urban transformation and the different actors that have participated in such processes.
The book weaves a broad net over the city, its history and development, adopting a multidisciplinary vision. I think that this will be the first step in creating a speech that might finally liberate itself from the strict disciplinary boundaries, building a trans-disciplinary perspective that can amplify the urban dimension of the city.
This is the beginning of a profound and complex reflection that is, at the same time, a project of knowledge and an instrument of action and participation.
- Información adicional
Editor / Marca Universidad EAFIT DRM Sí Idioma(s) Inglés Tipo Producto Tipo Archivo (ebooks) Peso (ebooks) 101.12 Opciones de ebook Ebook - Descarga
Michel Hermelin Arbaux, Alejandro Echeverri Restrepo, Jorge Giraldo
información no disponible.
- Tabla de Contenido
PRESENTATION Juan Luis Mejía Arango
urbam MEDELLÍN Alejandro Echeverri Restrepo
FORM AND POLITICS. THE CASE OF MEDELLÍN Francisco Sanin
1. THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT Michel Hermelin
2. HUMAN IMPACT Michel Hermelin
3. HAZARDS AND RISKS IN THE ABURRÁ VALLEY Luz Jeannette Mejía & Michel Hermelin
4. LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT IN THE ABURRA VALLEY: TOWARDS NATURE CONSERVATION IN THE CITY Claudia Helena Hoyos Estrada
5. THE POTENTIAL OF SATELLITE REMOTE SENSING AS A TOOL FOR URBAN AND ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING IN THE ABURRÁ VALLEY Jorge Eduardo Patiño Quinchía
1. INFORMALITY AND SOCIAL URBANISM IN MEDELLÍN Alejandro Echeverri Restrepo, Francesco M. Orsini
2. THE PUBLICITY OF PUBLIC SPACECarlos Mario Rodríguez Osorio, Luis Fernando Arbeláez Sierra
3. MOBILITY-TRANSFORMING EVENTS, ABURRA VALLEY, 1995-2010 José Fernando Ángel Pérez, Iván Sarmiento Ordosgoitia
4. LAND USE PLANNING AS A MECHANISM FOR SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION: A JUDICIAL AND POLITICAL APPROACH TO THE URBAN TRANSFORMATION OF MEDELLÍN Camilo Piedrahita Vargas, José Alonso González
5. DIGNIFIED HOUSING Ana Elvira Vélez Villa, Ximena Covaleda Beltrán
1. CITIES AND THE POVERTY TRAP Jorge Iván González
2. THE PROCESS OF CONSTRUCTING THE LOCAL STATE (1998-2009): THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING THE CHANGE IN MEDELLÍN? Santiago Leyva Botero
3. CHANGES IN INTERPRETATION, BEHAVIOR AND PUBLIC POLICIES REGARDING HOMICIDAL VIOLENCE IN MEDELLÍN Jorge Giraldo Ramírez
4. DISASTERS AND POPULATION IN THE ABURRA VALLEY Juanita López Peláez
5. SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHICAL CHANGES IN MEDELLÍN: INTERCENSAL PERIOD 1993-2005 Edgar Sardi Perea